mechanism used to store images in Postgres

От Eric@barrodale.com (Eric Davies)
Тема mechanism used to store images in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
We're looking at storing the equivalent of very large rasters images
in
postgres. Our understanding is that postgres stores large objects
as little pieces in rows of a table. As our images would be 30MB-4GB
in size, this would be a lot of rows. Has anybody used a different
mechanism to store their data that offers higher performance?

Thank you,
Eric.