Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

От Erikjan Rijkers
Тема Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 2018-04-18 18:16, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> On Apr 18, 2018, at 12:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>
>> So I see the new website design has just gone live.

The display of archived messages now removes indenting whitespace.

Even using firefox's  'View' / 'Page Style' / 'No Style' doesn't just
give the bare message text.

example:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3897361c7010c4ac03f358173adbcd60%40xs4all.nl

What looked like:

-- out_20170525_0944.txt
      100 -- pgbench -c 90 -j 8 -T 60 -P 12 -n -- scale 25
       93 -- All is well.
        7 -- Not good.

now looks like

-- out_20170525_0944.txt
100 -- pgbench -c 90 -j 8 -T 60 -P 12 -n -- scale 25
93 -- All is well.
7 -- Not good.

In this example the damage isn't too bad but I think there are and will
be cases where the indenting really does matter.

Maybe it can be easily fixed?  As far as I am concerned it would already
be a lot better when browser-'No Style' would better display the
indented text.

thanks,

Erik Rijkers