Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> I'd view the breaking of smgr abstraction as a significant cost

Actually, the "smgr abstraction" has *been* broken for a long time,
due to sloppy implementation of features like relation rename.
But I agree we should try to re-establish a clean separation.

>> But
>> I agree we want to have within-the-system admin commands to do the same
>> things.

> MUST have, I should think.

No argument from this quarter.  It seems to me that once a PG
installation has been set up, it ought to be possible to do routine
admin tasks remotely --- and that means no direct access to the
server's filesystem.