Re: DO INSTEAD and conditional rules

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DO INSTEAD and conditional rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> On 4/26/2005 3:01 PM, Rob Butler wrote:
>> Are rules even needed anymore?  Can't you do this all
>> with triggers?  If you want to "DO INSTEAD" just use a
>> row based trigger, and return null.  Or is this less
>> efficient?

> On INSERT, yes, on UPDATE, how so?

We don't support triggers of any kind on views.

One possibility for an alternative mechanism is to allow triggers on
views --- but I'm not sure exactly how this would work, or if it would
solve all the problems.  At the very least it would answer the "data
stability" issue, since I suppose the trigger would receive precomputed
rows that wouldn't change while it executed.

Сообщение: Re: DO INSTEAD and conditional rules
Сообщение: Re: DO INSTEAD and conditional rules