Re: Storing Photographs in Postgres?

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Storing Photographs in Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting "B.N.V. Raman" <raman@myself.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to store photographs in postgres? I'm creating an
> employee
> master kind of thing, so i would like to store photos of my company
> employees also. If there is, is there a file size limitation or
> something?

Yes, although normaly it's a better design thing to keep them outside and have
references to them. It depends on how you are accessing & using the data.

There's an example Java app under /src/interfaces/jdbc.

As for file size limit, in theory no. In practice, its a design issue for your
application etc.

Peter (7 days behind on emails :-( )

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk