Re: psql: FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: FATAL: missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mark Sargent <coolboarderguy@gmail.com> writes:
> [racket@ibmlap ~]$ psql template1
> psql: FATAL:  role "racket" does not exist

> Which confuses me, as local all all trust should allow me to connect,
> no?

No, it allows you to claim that you are any database user you want to
claim you are.  The default assumption is that you want to be the
database user with the same name as your OS username.  The problem here
is that there is no such user.

Most likely the only pre-existing database user will be named
"postgres", so try

    psql -U postgres template1

If that lets you in, execute the SQL command "CREATE USER racket;"
and then you should be able to connect as "yourself".  (Note: you might
prefer to make yourself a superuser, see the manual.)