Re: ongoing holy grail thread

От Tony Grant
Тема Re: ongoing holy grail thread
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> In my quest to connect Dreamweaver Ultradev to postgresql I have changed
> my application server in order to have easier access to the .conf files.
> Now running Tomcat/Apache.

Update:

    - I have managed to compile my very own JDBC!!! I don't have a clue
    what I did right this time... Maybe the fact that I rebooted the
    server has something to do with it???

    - Ultradev sees and recognizes the org.postgresql.Driver in the
    local Macromedia folder but is still refusing to connect to the one
    on the application server. Running "test" locks up the Ultradev
    application.

Todays questions:

    - what should I be looking for to see if the Tomcat application
    server is correctly loading the jdbc driver?

    - how do I know that I have all the correct permissions set in order
    to connect to the database (pg_hba.conf is set to "trust"
    "everybody" on local network.

    - Ultradev is running on NT and connecting via "LAN" thus is using
    SMB and not TCP/IP is this an issue?

I am persisting as you see here. Next week I'll have to move on to other
things because this problem must be solved.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S