Re: BUG #14329: libpq doesn't send complete client certificate chain on first SSL connection

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #14329: libpq doesn't send complete client certificate chain on first SSL connection
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 10/04/2016 10:53 PM, David Gould wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 21:55:52 +0300
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> I'm starting to feel that using the same SSL_CTX object for multiple
>> connections is just too fragile. Perhaps we could share one SSL_CTX
>> object for all the connections with no sslcert and no sslrootcert, but
>> I'm not sure if even that is worth it.
>>
>> In quick testing, calling SSL_CTX_new() for each connection adds about
>> 3% of overhead to establishing a new connection, with the default
>> OpenSSL settings (seems to use ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 cipher here).
>> I also tested memory usage with a program that opens 10000 connections,
>> and it used about 15% more memory, when SSL_CTX_new() is called for each
>> connection. I think that's acceptable. Barring objections, I'm going to
>> write a patch to use a separate SSL context for every connection.
>
> What about keeping a table of connection strings and SSL contexts so that all
> connections using the same connection string could share the SSL context? It
> seems likely that most applications reuse the same connection string and
> could avoid the penalty.

Yeah, could do that. Then again, I don't think it's worth the trouble.

- Heikki

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14329: libpq doesn't send complete client certificate chain on first SSL connection
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14329: libpq doesn't send complete client certificate chain on first SSL connection