Re: Function, that returns set of 2 tables columns

От Dmitriy Chumack
Тема Re: Function, that returns set of 2 tables columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 3:55:36 PM, Andreas Kretschmer:

> am  Tue, dem 13.02.2007, um 15:46:19 +0200 mailte Dmitriy Chumack folgendes:
>> Hi *
>>
>>   I need to write a function, that returns a set of all columns from 2
>>   tables.
>>
>>   e.g. I create such a function:
>>
>>     CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION func(val_ int8)
>>       RETURNS SETOF record AS
>>     $BODY$
>>     DECLARE
>>         i record;
>>     BEGIN
>>
>>     for i in select * from "Table1", "Table2"

> Use something like:

> select * from table1 union all select * from table2

> Andreas

But how this solve my problem? I don't need standalone select, I need
this select to be wrapped in function, and function has to return some
type.

--
Best regards,
 Dmitriy                            mailto:saint.d.a@gmail.com