Re: Indexed views like SQL Server - NOT Materialized Views

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Indexed views like SQL Server - NOT Materialized Views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
inspector morse <inspectormorse86@gmail.com> wrote:

> After doing that, if you add or delete a topic from the Topics
> Table, SQL Server automatically keeps the count updated.....and
> it's fast because of the unique index.
>
> Doing the same thing in Postgresql using Materialized views is
> slow and the developer has to manually issue a "refresh
> materialized view" command. The alternative is to write
> additional sql to update count columns....uneccessary work.
>
> Do you know when Postgresql will implement such a feature?

People are working toward such capabilities.  While nobody can say
with any certainty when such features will make it into a
PostgreSQL release, I think it's safe to predict that it will not
be before late 2017, and most probably later than that.

This capability probably will be available through materialized
views, rather than using the SQL Server syntax.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Missing WALs when doing pg_basebackup from slave...