Re: replay pause vs. standby promotion

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: replay pause vs. standby promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

(I am trying to find an opportunity to review this patch...)

Consider test case with streaming replication:

on primary: create table foo (i int);
on standby:

postgres=# select pg_wal_replay_pause();
 pg_wal_replay_pause
---------------------

(1 row)

postgres=# select pg_is_wal_replay_paused();
 pg_is_wal_replay_paused
-------------------------
(1 row)

postgres=# table foo;
---
(0 rows)

Execute "insert into foo values (1);" on primary

postgres=# select pg_promote ();
 pg_promote
(1 row)

postgres=# table foo;
---
 1

And we did replay one additional change during promote. I think this is wrong behavior. Possible can be fixed by

+    if (PromoteIsTriggered()) break;
    /* Setup error traceback support for ereport() */
    errcallback.callback = rm_redo_error_callback;

regards, Sergei