Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem

От David Rowley
Тема Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Yes! Hope it won't be too long now. The patch seems to behave like it should
now :)
Hopefully we'll see it commited for 8.4.

Though this does not look too much cleaner at least it's standard SQL:

A preview for Madi:

SELECT foo,bar
FROM (SELECT foo,bar,
             ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY foo ORDER BY bar) AS pos
      FROM table
) AS t
WHERE pos = 1
ORDER BY bar;

Probably easier to understand what's going on in this one.

David.

Сообщение: Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem
Сообщение: Re: SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY problem