Re: Donation of 3 FEITIAN PKI smart cards to the pgAdmin community

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Donation of 3 FEITIAN PKI smart cards to the pgAdmin community
Дата
Re: Donation of 3 FEITIAN PKI smart cards to the pgAdmin community
Список pgadmin-hackers
2010/3/17 Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpoure@gooze.eu>:
> Dear friends,
>
> In the event that you would be interested to implement more secure
> connections between pgAdmin and PostgreSQL using SSL and smart cards, I
> am offering 3 free FEITIAN PKI developer smart cards to the pgAdmin
> community if you would like to implement features.
>
> The FEITIAN PKI card works under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
>
> You can apply for free card here:
> http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-pki-free-software-developer-card
>
> We offer the Feitian PKI smart card, which has unique features:
> * Compatible with GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
> * Supported by OpenSC.
> * The card has a real crypto engine, it is not a Java card.
> * ISO 7816 features.
> * Support RSA keys up to 2048bit.
> * Support standard X.509 v3 certificates.
> * On-board RSA DES 3DES SHA1 algorithms.
> * Both PKCS#11 and MS-CAPI interfaces to existing security
> infrastructures.
> * High performance smart card chip built-in.
> * Hardware random number generator.
> * 64k data space.
> More info: http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-pki-card
>
> A typical example would be using the crypto engine on card to secure SSL
> connections to the PostgreSQL server. This is high level security.

In principle this sonuds very intesting. But I take it it requires a
card reader, which is not included, to be actually useful?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/