Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
2010/2/1 Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Fujii Masao wrote:
>>> In HEAD, psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server as follo=
ws.

>>> =A0 $ bin/psql "host=3Dlocalhost"
>>> =A0 psql: FATAL: =A0database "host=3Dlocalhost" does not exist
>>>
>>> This is because the recently-introduced PQconnectStartParams()
>>> doesn't handle correctly the dbname parameter containing '=3D'.
>>
>> Hmm, I don't think that was ever really supposed to work, it was
>> accidental that it did. I certainly didn't realize you could do that.
>> The documented way to do that is:
>>
>> bin/psql --host=3Dlocalhost
>
> Really? According to the document, psql using conninfo seems to
> be supported.
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-psql.html#R2-APP-PSQL=
-CONNECTING

Yes, that is definitely supposed to work. It was intentionally added
in 8.3 and is very useful :-)

--=20
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server