Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/1/11 Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>>> I recall having tried AOX a long time ago but I can't remember the reason
>>> why I was not satisfied. I guess I can give another try by setting up a test
>>> ML archive.
>>
>> I tried it too, before I started writing the new prototype archiver
>> from scratch. I too forget why I gave up on it, but it was a strong
>> enough reason for me to start coding from scratch.
>>
>> BTW, we only need to replace the archiver/display code. The search
>> works well already.
>
> What the current archiver looks like? A PG database containing the raw
> mails and attachements? It that's the case the missing piece would be to
> plug a browsing UI atop of that, right?

No, the current archiver is a set of MBOX files that are processed
incrementally by mhonarc.

(yes, this is why it doesn't scale)

*search* is in a postgresql database, but it doesn't contain the
entire messages - doesn't have attachments for examples - only the
parts it has web-scraped off the the current archives.

Сообщение: Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Сообщение: Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full