Re: Change to config.pl processing in the msvc build environment

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Change to config.pl processing in the msvc build environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 02:20, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> I therefor propose that we rename this file to "config.pl.default",
>> and change the scripts to first load config.pl.default, and then load
>> config.pl if it exists. config.pl then lives completely outside the
>> source tree (should be in .cvsignore) and won't show up in any diffs
>> or anything.
>
> I've used similar tricks elsewhere and find them pretty useful.  The
> patch looks reasonably sane to someone 101% unfamiliar with our MSVC
> stuff (except that I'd get rid of the parentheses in the "do foo unless
> -f $file" lines).

You now, that's what I had first. Then I changed it to add the
parentheses to make it look like a similar piece of code nearby,
written by somebody much more perly than I am. But now that I think of
it, it may well be me who wrote that code earlier as well, so that'd
no good excuse :-)