Re: Determining client_encoding from client locale

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Determining client_encoding from client locale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 04:12, Jaime
Casanova<jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Heikki
> Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Here's my first attempt at setting client_encoding automatically from
>> locale.
>>

> Sorry for the many mails on this issue.. i will do a recolect of my findings:
>
> 1) it introduces a dependency for -lpgport when compiling a client
> that uses libpq
>    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01511.php

For other parts of libpgport that are needed, we pull in the
individual source files. We specifically *don't* link libpq with
libpgport, for a reason. There's a comment in the Makefile that
explains why.

-- Magnus HaganderSelf: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/