Re: Cleaner build output when not much has changed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cleaner build output when not much has changed
Дата
Re: Cleaner build output when not much has changed  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> writes:
> I was looking for ways to reduce the noise in Postgres make output,
> specifically, I wanted to eliminate the "Nothing to be done for `all' "
> messages, since they don't add much value, and just ad to the clutter.

Why don't you just use "make -s" if you don't want to see that?
The example output you show is not much less verbose than before.

I'm pretty suspicious of cute changes like this to the makefiles.
They too often have unexpected side-effects.  (I'm still pissed off
about having to manually remove objfiles.txt to get it to rebuild a .o
file, for instance.)