Re: File not found error on creating collation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: File not found error on creating collation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> [ unhelpful reporting of ENOENT from newlocale() ]

BTW, on examining the code I note that we're doing something else that
promotes the confusion of "bad locale name" with "bad file name": we're
using errcode_for_file_access() to select the SQLSTATE.  If we don't
believe that ENOENT should be taken at face value then this is pointless
(none of the other spec-defined error codes for newlocale() are
particularly sensible as file access errors).  I propose just reporting
ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE instead.