Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Creation of wiki page for open items of v11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 11, 2018, at 11:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> What *does* take time is adding a link to the commit, so I'd happily
>>> drop that step.  As Peter says, you can usually look in the commit
>>> log if you care.
>
>> The trouble is that sometimes it's not very obvious which commit log
>> entry relates to which open item.
>
> Sure, but is annotating the wiki page that way worth the trouble?
> If the alternative is that committers refuse to update the wiki page
> at all, or decide to remove entries rather than move-and-add-a-link,
> we're not coming out ahead.
>
> I'm not particularly wedded to the above idea; I'm just proposing it
> as a compromise solution.

During some RMT discussions I had proposed formatting the open items
into a table on the Wiki page with some useful info to help track the status
and surface the necessary info to track down the open item.

It has been on my TODO to have a draft of that.  Perhaps it will help solve
this problem.

Jonathan