RE: [GENERAL] GIS-type databases using PostgreSQL

От Peter T Mount
Тема RE: [GENERAL] GIS-type databases using PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Quoting Franck Martin <Franck@sopac.org>:

Redirecting to the jdbc list...

> Well, I'm not much in Java classes, as the main application will be for
> Gnome. However, it shouldn't stop you to open a branch where you bring
> some Java library to deal with the data...

There's plenty of existing libraries out there, and the jdbc driver already has
support for the existing standard types in PostgreSQL (point, line etc).

A few years ago I did write a simple mapping library that handled things like
co-ordinate transforms and display. I was thinking of updating it to Java2
after PostgreSQL 7.1 was out (as I'm doing with a lot of my stuff).

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/