Re: ilike and utf-8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ilike and utf-8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Raphael Bauduin" <rblists@gmail.com> writes:
> Does the ilike operator work fine with cyrillic text put in a UTF-8
> encoded database?

If you've initdb'd in an appropriate locale (probably named something
like ru_RU.utf8) then it should work.  I wouldn't expect a random
non-Russian locale to necessarily know about Cyrillic case conversions,
however.

Martijn's nearby comment about OS dependency really boils down to the
fact that different OSes may have different definitions for similarly
named locales.  We need to know what locale you're using (try "SHOW
LC_CTYPE") as well as the OS.