Re: JDBC & geo objects

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: JDBC & geo objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting elein <elein@nextbus.com>:

Redirecting to the jdbc list...

> I'm a Java novice and I would like to be able to
> use JDBC to get Points and Paths into a Java
> program as native Java objects.  Note that the
> binary form of Paths is more than a simple array.
>
> I know how to do this in C, but getting the object
> definition and reading the object into Java are
> not in my scope.
>
> Right now, the only thing I can thing of is to
> write a java export routine for the objects and
> figure out how to make JDBC push it along.  I am
> getting conflicting info about whether java can
> read byte wads into object--I think it needs
> to extract the pieces and assign the attributes
> individually.  But I may be talking in circles here.

Actually since 6.2 the JDBC driver supports & provides class equivalents of the
geometric types. Check the jdbc source for org.postgresql.geometric.*

You use the getObject()/setObject() methods to use them.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/