Re: Extract numeric [field] in JSONB more effectively

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Extract numeric [field] in JSONB more effectively
Дата
Re: Extract numeric [field] in JSONB more effectively  (Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Looking at the most recent patch, so far I have a minor
spelling point, and a question (which I have not personally
explored).

The minor spelling point, the word 'field' has been spelled
'filed' throughout this comment (just as in the email subject):

+         * Simplify cast(jsonb_object_filed(jsonb, filedName) as type)
+         * to jsonb_object_field_type(jsonb, filedName, targetTypeOid);

The question: the simplification is currently being applied
when the underlying operation uses F_JSONB_OBJECT_FIELD.
Are there opportunities for a similar benefit if applied
over F_JSONB_ARRAY_ELEMENT and/or F_JSONB_EXTRACT_PATH?

Regards,
-Chap