Re: [INTERFACES] getting "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name" error

От Torsten Neuer
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] getting "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name" error
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Clint wrote:

>I think you're right, Tom.  If I run the program on my Linux box as a
>different user, I get the same error.  Now, how do I set the username
>from C/C++??  I can't figure it out from the docs ...

At the first glance I would suggest you either do a chown(1) on
the program binary so that is executes as the correct user or you
have a set*id(2) call somewhere in the program source.
However, you should take care with that as this can result in a
security leak in your system.

Torsten

Friedrichshulder Weg 56                     Tel: +49-4101-403605
D-25469 Halstenbek                          Fax: +49-4101-403606
E-Mail: info@inwise.de                 WWW: http://www.inwise.de

От: "Eric H. Buschelmann"
Сообщение: RPM's
От: Sbragion Denis
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Problems with queries on small/medium sized tables