Re: [SQL] Subquery problems

От Dimitri
Тема Re: [SQL] Subquery problems
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to build some subquery, and it don't works like I want.
>
>I try the following query :
>
>select distinct pseudo, (select count(ref) from questions where
>questions.refpseudo=pseudos.refold) as xxx from pseudos;

You have to try:

select pseudo,  count(ref) as xxx
  from pseudos, questions
  where questions.refpseudo=pseudos.refold
  group by pseudo;

or

select pseudo,  count(*) as xxx
  from pseudos, questions
  where questions.refpseudo=pseudos.refold
  group by pseudo;

This'll be more correct on SQL point and will be more faster
to execute because you will avoid duplication in your output...

>That query work well on MSAccess, but I have the following error on
???  M$ SQL is not a good reference... :))

>postgres :
>
>ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "select"
>
>I must maybe using an other method. I'm want to optain in a simple query
>to list some name of my table pseudos and to see the number of occurency
>in the table questions.
>
>Thank. J�r�me Kn�bl, Switzerland

Hope it helps,
(dim)

 Dimitri KRAVTCHUK  (dim)           Sun Microsystems
 Benchmark Engineer                 France
 dimitri@France.Sun.COM

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Aleksey Dashevsky
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Query based on date/time field
От: Walt Bigelow
Сообщение: returning the current date in a SQL query