generate.consistent.ids

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема generate.consistent.ids
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
When the stylesheets create anchors on elements that don't have an id
attribute, they use some internal mechanism to make one up.  With the
DSSSL stylesheets, those are the things like AEN112787.  With the new
XSL stylesheets, you similarly get things like idm21497, but unlike the
DSSSL way, those are not consistent across builds, because they are made
from some internal memory locations.  That makes it hard to diff build
results without resorting to a bunch of tricks that we have had to use
recently to manage the toolchain transition.  And such links cannot be
shared, because they change on the next build.

I found that the setting

<xsl:param name="generate.consistent.ids" select="1"/>

also enables the XSL stylesheets to produce anchors that are consistent
across builds.  I would have expected that to increase the build time,
but in my testing the penalty is barely noticeable.  So I would like to
make this change in PG11 and also PG10.  Patch attached.

Вложения