Re: [HACKERS] [QUESTIONS] lo_write cannot > 640Kb? memory leaks?

От dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [QUESTIONS] lo_write cannot > 640Kb? memory leaks?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi,
>
> > Have you tried increasing the number of postgres buffer cache buffers? I am
> > speculating that the lo_write() is using these buffers but perhaps not
> > flushing them. As the default configuration has way too few buffers anyway
> > this might be the problem. Could you try increasing the buffers to say 1024 or
> > so and rerun your test and post the results?
> >
> > -dg
>
>     Thanks for your reply, but as I posted I tested many different size of
> buffers in lotest.c, e.g. 1Kb, 4Kb, 8Kb, 9Kb, 10Kb, 16Kb, 32Kb, 64Kb, 640Kb,
> 1Mb, 10Mb, ...  or your "cache" or "buffer" size have some diffferent meaning?

Yes, my "cache" or "buffer" size has a different meaning. I am referring to
the size of the postgres buffer pool which can be changed by a command line
option when you start the postmaster. I forget what the exact option is but
it is something like "-o -B <number_of_buffers>". It is documented I think.

-dg

David Gould            dg@illustra.com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
"Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm wrong,
 and someone who knows less will correct me if I'm right."
               --David Palmer (palmer@tybalt.caltech.edu)