Re: [HACKERS] OK to send e-mail?

От ocie@paracel.com
Тема Re: [HACKERS] OK to send e-mail?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] OK to send e-mail?  (Michael Meskes <meskes@topsystem.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> list@listme.com writes:
>
> > OK to send an e-mail to pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org?
>
> Intruder alert!
>
> Could someone forge an error reply to that message, so that our list
> doesn't get put on their spam list?  (And, of course, if someone could
> track them down physically and break their legs, so much the better!)
>
> Actually, now that this has started, the proper way to go may be to
> start blocking postings to the lists from anyone not on them.  On the
> down side, this means that people must send their postings from the
> address they're subscribed as.

Why don't we make it known (In the periodic developers FAQ posting?)
that we do not accept unsolicited email and that we will charge a fee
($50 per line per subscriber :).  I for one would be more than happy
to do the detective work to track these down.  As for what to do with
the money -- perhaps we should see how much we get first.

If we want to do this, we should pick some price and mention it in our
FAQ.

Ocie