Re: [JDBC] JDBC: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 256

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [JDBC] JDBC: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 256
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Mirko Zeibig <mirko@picard.inka.de>:

Redirecting to the jdbc only list as that's where all jdbc emails should now go.

> Hello,
> my system:
> RedHat 7.0
> postgresql 7.1 (CVS)
> IBMJava2-SDK-1.3-1.1
>
> After having set JAVA_HOME "ant" is working like a charm, now it will
> build
> postgresql.jar and postgresql-example.jar. I noticed however that there
> is a
> difference between the ant and the make built: whereas with ant the jar
> has
> about 83kB, with "make jdbc2" it is about 180kB

make had the -0 flag while ant doesn't so the 83k one is compressed.
Needs checking, but in the early days, .jar files could not be compressed. If
jdk1.2 and later are ok, this is a bonus. But I wonder how browsers and
jdk1.1.x handle them.

[snip]

> this exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 256
>         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:84)
>         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:35)
>         at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:100)
>         at
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException.<init>(PSQLException.java:42)
>         at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:127)
>         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:523)
>         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:183)
>         at example.psql.<init>(psql.java:31)
>         at example.psql.main(psql.java:207)

Thanks. There is a bug recently introduced in Driver & PSQLException. I added
the fuller stack trace this morning to try to find it. This will prove useful.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/