Re: [BUGS] JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [BUGS] JDBC buggy in 7.1beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Quoting Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>:

> Anyone fixing this bug?
>
> > I reported a JDBC bug in the 7.1 beta1 release back in December and
> notice that the same bug is still present in the current beta 3 sources.
>  The problem relates to nested cursors failing and is quite simple to
> reproduce.  A simple test case can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.twospuds.com/pg7-1b3-jdbc-bug.tar.gz
> >
> > The 7.0.2 JDBC drivers work fine against the 7.1b3 backend, with a
> little tweaking for "long" rows.
> >
> > Peter (Mount) did acknowledge the bug but I have not heard anything on
> the list since then.  Is anyone looking at it?  Come to think of it, I

As I've said numerous times on lists and direct to people, I've had several
major problems which have hampered things since November, but I am now slowly
catching up. The problems have been:
* 2 SCSI discs dying on my linux box 2 weeks ago
* changing ISP's (now resolved)
* Changing jobs, which mean I have to limit how much time I can spend at the
moment.
* UK Dialup has been horrendous this last week

Now, my linux box is up and running, but no networking. Due to my job Thursday
evenings are out now (learning German), so I can't finish of its rebuild before
Saturday. This is holding things up because I don't have a 7.1 backend to test
against (& I can't get it to build under NT yet either). So while she's down,
I've been doing other things that either don't need a backend to test, or (in
the case of the XML stuff) test against Oracle.

What may be of use, is for people to email me again with any known bugs, so I
can compile a list of what needs to be done before 7.1, or what has already
been done/obsoleted or re-written from scratch.

This weekend I'm planning on:

Sat am: finish rebuild of linux box
Sat pm: test current cvs against current 7.1beta
Sun am: catch up with bug list
Sun pm: If time, move over more stuff into contrib

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/