От dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Тема ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> OK, tonight's mega-patch should be pretty close to the final patch.  We
> had to have the Alpha fix, and I put in the other fixes that looked easy
> to understand.  Most were port-specific cleanup people had posted.
>
> If it breaks, let Marc (Oh, no, I mean the hackers list) know.

I have decided based on some thought and some discussion with Bruce to hold
off trying to get the S_LOCK backoff change into the mega-patch. While it
is a nice idea, and I even have it all coded, I would like to do some extra
testing and paw around some other code a bit as there is a possibility of it
surfacing some problems with respect to the way signals are handled.

It could I suppose be put out for people to experiment with...

-dg

David Gould            dg@illustra.com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
 - I realize now that irony has no place in business communications.