Re: Error in Programmer's Guide: JDBC

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Error in Programmer's Guide: JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Quoting Jeff Duffy <jduffy@greatbridge.com>:

> Greetings,
>
>  In the release version of the Programmer's Guide, the chapter on JDBC
> (I used the one at
> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/programmer/jdbc6424.htm
> )
> has an example of using the class loader to load the Postgres JDBC
> driver that uses the incorrect driver class name:
>
> Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
>
>  This same error is repeated in the example for loading the driver
> using
> the command line switch:
>
> % java -Djdbc.drivers=postgresql.Driver example.ImageViewer
>
>  The correct driver class (at least in the latest release with the
> filename
> jdbc7.0-1.2.jar, obtained from Peter Mount's site at
> http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/download.html) should be
> org.postgresql.Driver, thus changing the docs to read
>
> Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
>
> and
>
> % java -Djdbc.drivers=org.postgresql.Driver example.ImageViewer
>
>  Following the docs will cause the code to throw an exception with the
> message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: postgresql.Driver".

I'll fix that one shortly (doing another commit this morning anyhow).

>  In the future, should we submit SGML diffs?

For the docs that might be an idea.

PS: After 7.1, I'm thinking of rewriting the docs as the current jdbc docs are
not that accurate to 7.1. Anyhow my main priority is to get the driver working
for 7.1.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk