Re: Cache lookup failed for relation message in PG 8.3.7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cache lookup failed for relation message in PG 8.3.7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Keaton Adams <Keaton_Adams@McAfee.com> writes:
> Any ideas why we would be receiving this cache lookup failed message?
> PostgreSQL 8.3.7 64 bit, RHEL 5 64 bit OS

> [ query applying pg_table_is_visible() to most of pg_class ]

Is it repeatable, or just something that shows up occasionally with
different OIDs mentioned?  If the latter, it's probably a known race
condition against table drops: the pg_class scan can find rows that
belong to tables that are already deleted by the time
pg_table_is_visible gets called.  There's a hack in 8.4 to avoid
the errors by having pg_table_is_visible (and related functions)
return null instead of failing, but I don't believe we changed it
in previous releases.