Re: how to copy data between machines ?

От D.C.
Тема Re: how to copy data between machines ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Le 12 mai 05, à 22:38, Tom Lane a écrit :

> "D.C." <coughlandesmond@yahoo.fr> writes:
>> Thanks again, and may I now make the most of your generosity by asking
>> another question ?  I got an error message when
>> ./configuring postgreSQL, and now I find that I don't have 'history',
>> and I can't use the 'up' arrow to cycle through previous commands.
>> The
>> error was about 'readline', I think.
>
> Yup, you need libreadline to support that.
>
>> The installation I use is on an iBook, which might sound mad, but I
>> want a version to be able to take everywhere with me, and learn whilst
>> on the bus, in the train etc ..
>
> I use a Mac laptop too.  Personally, I get the readline sources
> (check freshmeat.net for a pointer) and build/install them in the
> default way, which drops 'em in /usr/local.  This is highly Not Mac
> Approved I'm sure, but it gets the job done.  You could no doubt also
> get readline from the fink project, if you'd rather have something
> prebuilt (but then again why are you building PG by hand if that's
> what you want ...)

Yep, that seems to work, thanks again !!

Running it on my iBook is brilliant fun: as I don't need it all the
time, a little 'wrapper' has gone into my $HOME/bin to 'su' start it up
when I want to run psql ...

I in fact was trained on oracle years ago when I worked in IT, but got
bored and walked out after two days.  Now a friend wants to start up a
small business, and I quite fancy setting up her DB with a
perl-generated webpage, to allow her to track customers, materials etc.
  She's not ready to take the plunge yet, and I'm just doing it for fun
-- and having loads of fun at the same time !

D.