Re: Speed up JSON escape processing with SIMD plus other optimisations

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Speed up JSON escape processing with SIMD plus other optimisations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/07/2024 07:49, David Rowley wrote:
> I've attached a rebased set of patches.  The previous set no longer applied.

I looked briefly at the first patch. Seems reasonable.

One little thing that caught my eye is that in populate_scalar(), you
sometimes make a temporary copy of the string to add the
null-terminator, but then call escape_json() which doesn't need the
null-terminator anymore. See attached patch to avoid that. However, it's
not clear to me how to reach that codepath, or if it reachable at all. I
tried to add a NOTICE there and ran the regression tests, but got no
failures.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)