Re: [HACKERS] entries in pg_shadow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] entries in pg_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Michael Richards <miker@scifair.acadiau.ca> writes:
> The entries entered in pg_shadow haven't ever worked for me. I've tried a
> number of times without success. If I update a user in there and set a
> password for them:

IIRC, the only way to set a password that actually works is ALTER USER.

The reason direct SQL hacking on pg_shadow doesn't work is that
pg_shadow isn't what the postmaster looks at (the PM itself can't do
database operations without getting into possible deadlock situations).
There's a flat text file somewhere that contains the Real Info.  ALTER
USER and friends know to rewrite the flat file after updating pg_shadow.

This is documented somewhere, I think, but not nearly prominently
enough...
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: