Re: updated patch for selecting large results sets in psql using cursors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: updated patch for selecting large results sets in psql using cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
<chrisnospam@1006.org> writes:
> here comes the latest version (version 7) of the patch to handle large
> result sets with psql.  As previously discussed, a cursor is used
> for SELECT queries when \set FETCH_COUNT some_value > 0

Wait a minute.  What I thought we had agreed to was a patch to make
commands sent with \g use a cursor.  This patch changes SendQuery
so that *every* command executed via psql is treated this way.
That's a whole lot bigger behavioral change than I think is warranted.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Performance testing of COPY (SELECT) TO
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Performance testing of COPY (SELECT) TO