Re: BUG #4027: backslash escaping not disabled in plpgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4027: backslash escaping not disabled in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Jonathan Guthrie" <jguthrie@brokersys.com> writes:
> I have set the standard_conforming_strings to "on" in my settings ...
> However, when I attempt to define this function:

> create function foo (out r refcursor) as $bar$
> begin
>  open r for
>    select * from user_data
>    where name_first like name escape '\';
> end; $bar$ language plpgsql;

plpgsql does not consider standard_conforming_strings --- it still uses
backslash escaping in its function bodies regardless.  Since the
language itself is not standardized, I see no particular reason that
standard_conforming_strings should govern it.  I believe the reason for
not changing it was that it seemed too likely to break existing
functions, with potentially nasty consequences if they chanced to be
security definers.