Re: Find and replace

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Re: Find and replace
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

I don’t think that is an option.  The text I am doing the find and replace on contains CSS.  I believe there will be squiggly brackets in the CSS.  However, it should have spaces or carriage return line feeds between the brackets so there will not be any issues.

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 3:27 PM
To: Lance Campbell <lance@illinois.edu>
Cc: "pgsql-sql@postgresql.org" <pgsql-sql@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Find and replace

On Sep 11, 2019, at 2:24 PM, Campbell, Lance <lance@illinois.edu> wrote:

PostgreSQL 10.x

I don’t know the best way to do this.  I need to do a find and replace in text fields.  The value I need to find and replace may occur more than once in each field per record.

The value I am trying to match on:

Starts with a single { .

Ends with a single } .

In between these brackets can be the characters 0-9, a-z, A-Z, hyphens and underscores.  But no spaces.  These characters could be in any order.

The replacement value on a match is the same as what was found except for double {{ at the beginning and double }} at the end.  Same values between the brackets as what was matched on.

Example:

{ab_1D3-4} becomes {{ab_1D3-4}}

Thanks for helping me with this.

Lance Campbell

University of Illinois

Are there curly braces which don’t start/end such strings?  If not it might be easier to just double them up?