Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL 9.2.3 performance problem caused Exclusive locks

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: [PERFORM] PostgreSQL 9.2.3 performance problem caused Exclusive locks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Emre,

> > LOG:  process 4793 acquired ExclusiveLock on extension of relation
> > 305605 of database 16396 after 2348.675 ms

The reason you're seeing that message is that you have log_lock_waits turned on.

That message says that some process waited for 2.3 seconds to get a lock for expanding the size of relation
16396/305605,which is most likely an index. This is most likely due to changes in your application, or an increase in
concurrentwrite activity.

--Josh