Re: cleaning perl code

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: cleaning perl code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 9:13 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Hi Andrew.  I appreciate your interest and efforts here.  I hope you don't mind a few questions/observations about this
effort:

>  The
> last one fixes the mixture of high and low precedence boolean operators,

I did not spot examples of this in your diffs, but I assume you mean to prohibit conditionals like:

    if ($a || $b and $c || $d)

As I understand it, perl introduced low precedence operators precisely to allow this.  Why disallow it?

> and the use of commas to separate statements

I don't understand the prejudice against commas used this way.  What is wrong with:

    $i++, $j++ if defined $k;

rather than:

    if (defined $k)
    {