Re: AIX support - alignment issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Дата
Re: AIX support - alignment issues  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Maybe it is still worth hanging on to AIX support for the time being,
> but it would be nice to have some idea of where we *will* finally draw
> the line. If the complaints from Andres aren't a good enough reason
> now, then what other hypothetical reasons might be good enough in the
> future? It seems fairly likely that Postgres desupporting AIX will
> happen (say) at some time in the next decade, no matter what happens
> today.

Agreed.  But I think that this sort of thing is better driven by
"when there's no longer anyone willing to do the legwork" than
by project policy.  IOW, we'll stop when Noah gets tired of doing
it (and no one steps up to take his place).

In the case at hand, given that the test added by 79b716cfb/c1da0acbb
correctly detects troublesome catalog layouts (and no I've not studied
it myself), I don't see that we have to do more right now.

I am a little concerned though that we don't have access to the latest
version of AIX --- that seems like a non-maintainable situation.

Сообщение: Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Сообщение: Re: AIX support - alignment issues