Re: [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Список pgsql-sql
> I was thinking 'transaction_timestamp' for the transaction start time, and
> current_timestamp for the statement start time.  I would equate now()
> with current_timestamp.

So you want to both (a) invent even more nonstandard syntax than we
already have, and (b) break as many traditional-Postgres applications
as you possibly can?

'transaction_timestamp' has no reason to live.  It's not in the spec.
And AFAIK the behavior of now() has been well-defined since the
beginning of Postgres.  If you want to change 'current_timestamp' to
conform to a rather debatable reading of the spec, then fine --- but
keep your hands off of now().
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: