Re: [HACKERS] Function to control physical replication slot

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Function to control physical replication slot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/11/17 05:15, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Is there a particular reason we don't have a function to *set* the
> restart_lsn of a replication slot, other than to drop it and recreate it?

I suppose there could be lots of problems if the LSN you specify isn't
valid.  And it might be hard to determine whether a given LSN is valid.

If this could be made to work, this would actually offer an interesting
option for dumping and restoring subscriptions.