Re: 'select count...' returns SQL_VARCHAR?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 'select count...' returns SQL_VARCHAR?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Stelios Sfakianakis <ssfak@ics.forth.gr> writes:
> I am using the PostgreSQL and its ODBC driver but there seems to be
> some problem with the "select count(...)..." queries. Here is my
> configuration:
>   - FreeBSD 4.6
>   - PostgreSQL 7.2.1

count() returns bigint (int8) in 7.2.  I seem to recall that ODBC has
some problem classifying bigint as numeric.  I don't recall if that's
a simple bug or a standards compatibility issue.  Anyway, the easiest
workaround may be to cast the result of count to integer (int4) so that
ODBC knows what to do with it.