Re: creating gist index seems to look at data ignoring transaction?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: creating gist index seems to look at data ignoring transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.se> writes:
> I noticed some bad data where end < begin, so I modified these first, and tried to vcreate the index in the same
transaction.The index creation does not notice the data changes. It seems creating the gist index this is not
transactionsafe?

Index creation has to include not-yet-dead tuples in case the index gets
used by some transaction that can still see those tuples.  So in this
case index entries get made for both the original and the updated versions
of the tuples in question.

От: Rafia Sabih
Сообщение: Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage