Re: Known issues on PostgreSQL server 8.1.19

От Millepied, Pascal (GE Healthcare)
Тема Re: Known issues on PostgreSQL server 8.1.19
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you for your answer.

Regards
Pascal Millepied

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]=20
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 1:53 AM
To: Millepied, Pascal (GE Healthcare)
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Known issues on PostgreSQL server 8.1.19

John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
> On 12/17/2015 8:30 AM, Millepied, Pascal (GE Healthcare) wrote:
>> We are using PostgreSQL server 8.1.19 in our product and as part of=20
>> SDLC activities, we would like to know about the Known Issues present=20
>> in this version.
>> Could you tell us if there is new known issue on this release since=20
>> last year?

> PostgreSQL 8.1 is long out of support and well past end of life. 8.1.19=20
> was released in 2009, the final 8.1 release was 8.1.23 was in 2010.  =20

That means in particular that no one has even bothered to track "known issu=
es" in 8.1 since 2010.  It'd be a reasonable bet for example that many of t=
he issues that were fixed in 8.2 after 8.2.19 are also in 8.1, but no one a=
ssociated with the project has checked.  And 8.2 went out of support a year=
 later, so it'd only be a good guide to the next year's worth of fixes.  It=
's not exactly uncommon for us to make fixes that go into all active branch=
es and would probably apply to older ones if we were still supporting them.

I'd suggest close study of all the later minor-release release notes to see=
 what fixes might be applicable to 8.1.  Or perhaps your time would be bett=
er spent on migrating to a newer release --- the performance and feature ga=
p between 8.1 and current Postgres is pretty wide.