Re: Scope of pgAdmin Project

От Strauch, Sheldon
Тема Re: Scope of pgAdmin Project
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I am very much interested in using the Entity-Relationship tools that are set to come out in 1.16. I cloned a copy of
thetrunk and installed wxWidgets via Mac ports and attempted to compile pgAdmin. I get the following error:

<pre>
checking wxWidgets version... ok
checking wxWidgets in /usr... failed
configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin in the selected configuration. This may be because
itwas configured without the --enable-unicode option, or the combination of dynamic/static linking and debug/non-debug
librariesselected did not match any installed wxWidgets libraries.
</pre>

Which seems not too unusual given what I found in the support archive. This is the output I get from wx-config:

<pre>
sstrauch-macbook:pgadmin3 sstrauch$ wx-config --list
   Default config is mac-unicode-release-2.8
 Default config will be used for output
</pre>

It seems it is built with unicode support, and isn't a debug version. Any further suggestions? Do I need to build
wxWidgetsfrom their trunk?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Sheldon Strauch
Sr. Database Developer