Re: "$user" and SESSION_USER and CURRENT_USER

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "$user" and SESSION_USER and CURRENT_USER
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
antonov@stdpr.ru writes:
> here -- https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-client.html

> there is the text """If one of the list items is the special name $user,
> then the schema having the name returned by SESSION_USER is substituted,
> if there is such a schema and the user has USAGE permission for it. (If
> not, $user is ignored.)""".

> but actualy "$user" substitutes CURRENT_USER-value (not
> SESSION_USER-value).

Huh.  Digging in the commit history, SESSION_USER was the original
implementation (commit 838fe25a9 of 2002-04-01) but it was changed later
that month (ccfaf9067 of 2002-04-29) when we added schema permissions
checks.  Evidently I forgot to update the docs to match :-(

Will fix, thanks for noticing!